I have something to confess. I have been so busy these times that I left my blog almost neglected (well, since the beginning of June I mostly posted stuff for Hotter Potter event). That doesn’t feel right. I mean, I usually posted 2 or 3 book reviews in a month (that’s the best I could do) so when I can only post 1 book review in a month I feel like failing.
I might not do this challenge simultaneously, but I will try my best. I think it would be fun! 🙂 So here it is ~~~
Day 1 in 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Bookish Confessions.
- I am a moody person. And sadly that trait affects my reading too, so I have like a dozen of unfinished books on my stacks in result.
- I spend most of my reading time on my bed (I know I know, another bad trait!). And in the mornings my sister (whose room is next to mine) would complain that I sleep with lights on.
- I am speedier in buying books than reading them. Raise your hands if you are just the same!
- I found that book covering activity is somehow relaxing.
- Paperback is the book format I’m most convenient with. But I have a dream of collecting fancy Penguin Clothbound Classics or B&N Leatherbound Classics (like in this post).
- I’m seriously thinking to sell or swap all (or most) of the mass market paperbacks that I own.
- I never was a blogger before I became a book blogger.
- Almost fifty percent of the books I own are unread.
- Lending books to people is a pleasure for me. It feels good to share what I have with them. But I keep track of each one of my books and I would get furious if one of them got lost or damaged.
- The weirdest book-related dream I ever had is playing golf with Richard Parker. Yes, Richard Parker was the Bengal tiger in Life of Pi, but in my dream he was an annoying colleague.
- One book that I rated 5 stars but I don’t think I will ever reread is Nineteen-Eighty Four by George Orwell.
- When I’m feeling stressed out, going to a bookstore (offline preferably, but online wouldn’t hurt as well) usually becomes a remedy. But you should know that I don’t always buy books when I do the “impulsive bookstore visit”!
- The most read book review in my blog is Pride and Prejudice (written in Bahasa Indonesia). I hated the book and I didn’t conceal it in the review.
- I carry a book everyday to work, with intention to read it on break time. I can’t always do it, but I still carry a book anyway.
- I miss the days when I go to work by bus, because I can read during my journey to and from work. To be completely honest, public transportation in my country sucks big time. But going to and from work by bus gives me time to read, and the time is precious!
That was my bookish confessions. If you want to join 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge, simply visit Good Books and Good Wine blog HERE.