I came to Day 7 of the 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge. Almost halfway through, woohoo!
Today I’m gonna talk about my blogging quirks. Here they are:
- I usually write reviews and posts offline (on MS Word) then I would copy them into WP.
- I ALWAYS need the book when writing a review.
- The language I use when writing a review usually depends on the book: if the book is written in Indonesian then the review will be written in Indonesian as well, and if the book is in English then I will write the review in English. For classic books I usually write bilingual reviews.
- I usually start a review with rewriting the book’s synopsis in my own words, then I pour out my thoughts about it.
- You can always find “Book Details” at the end of every book review I wrote. In “Book Details” I provide the book title (linked to Goodreads), the author, number of pages, year of publication, name of publisher and my rating for the book. It looks like this:
- I like everything that is managed well. Especially in my own blog. That’s why I put every post in their appropriate categories and tags. You can see below: I put The Book Thief review in the categories underlined with red and tags underlined with blue.
- Talking about categories, I have one special category called Surgabukuku Picks! Every book that I put in this category is a book that caught my heart in some special way that I think I should mark them in a special way too, to simply say, “I RECOMMEND IT”. They are not always my favorites: I gave some of them only 3 or 4 stars instead of 5. For example, Things Fall Apart is not in my list of favorite books, but it is in Surgabukuku Picks! category because it’s special: it was the first African literature book I have ever read.
- The look of a blog matters a lot for me. I would edit and re-edit my posts if I found the images are too big or too many, or if the layout looks wrong, or if the quotes are not in bold or in a format that makes it different from the rest of the post.
What are your blogging quirks?
If you want to join 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge, simply visit Good Books and Good Wine blog HERE.