I know, I know. My 2013 TBR Pile Challenge was a total flop, and yet I am shameless enough to join in the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge. If you happen to be inquisitive, you will find that my 2014 list isn’t so different from my 2013 list.
In the past year I have gotten overwhelmed with reading challenges (I joined A TON of them and then I couldn’t keep up, my mistake), and the TBR Pile Challenge was one that got poorly neglected.
So here are the poor books that have been laying unread for another year, thanks to my swinging reading mood:
- Animal Farm by George Orwell (1945)
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey (1962)
- The Pilgrim’s Progress in Today’s English by John Bunyan (retold by James H. Thomas) (1971)
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (1947
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (1884)
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne (1873)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (2009)
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (1852)
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)
- Kenangan Cinta (Anton Chekhov’s Short Stories Collection)
- The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall (2008)
- The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall (2011)
- Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss (1812)
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (1850)
Hopefully, I can finally conquer this TBR list throughout 2014!
Interested in joining? Head on to Adam’s blog for details.